Monday, April 16, 2007

Drama Journal Topics - please take note!

Hey people! It's Happy Day! (Well, it was supposed to be...) So be happy!

Yay. A pointless opening.

Anyway, this is basically for the Drama half(ish) of the class! Sorry, I don't mean to ostracise the other half(ish), but yeah. I'm Drama rep, after all. So these are the 3 topics for Drama Journal for Term 2. Please please please take note. So next time you people ask me for the topics from W2-4, I will say, check the class blog. I wash my hands off this issue.

W2: General vs. Specific. This is in reference to settings. You know, general ones are like, "restaurant", and then you could make it specific, like "fancy French restaurant" or "MacDonalds". Got that? Ok.

W3: Action vs. Activity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but action should be more specific. Like, the activity of the scene could be you want to tell your parents you're going overseas for studies/you've got a steady partner/you're lesbian (ok, I ought to stop here), but the action could be that you're cutting vegetables in the kitchen while waiting for the right moment. Yes, I totally stole that from Ms. Sergeant.

W4: What you need to know about a character before you portray it in a play. Quite self-explanatory really.

Yep, that's all for now.

Random shoutout that you shouldn't take note of: WHY IS SINGAPORE SO SMALL?! Then cannot have more people go for Support School Activities -> Unable to complete 3 activities -> NO CCA POINTS!!! This whole thing is crap. You want supporters, might as well have more. >:(

No comments: